in the home
Sure, you may feel better after a public class, but a class driven by the needs of a group by definition can only partially meet your needs as an individual. Attending public classes may provide clues as to what practices or what teacher(s) may be right for you, but you could fumble around for years before finding a practice that really fits who you are now and who you want to become in the future.
There is a vast array of tools available that you will never hear of in public yoga classes, which in America focus almost exclusively on stretching, strengthening, and/or relaxing the physical body. That’s good as far as it goes, but public classes typically ignore the energetic and mental aspects of yoga, particularly in the (non) use of breath and visual techniques.
Individualized coaching creates a space for rapid personal development. Working together we find the right mix of practices—VyaVinyasa, different approaches to asana (yin, hatha, ayurvedic, etc.), breath techniques, meditation and visualization techniques, scientific, self-help or spiritual readings, and so on—to take you from where you are now to where you want to be. Our goal is to remove, quickly and safely, the physical, emotional, and mental obstacles that stand in the way of achieving balance, creativity, and joy throughout your life. In addition to a physical practice, readings, videos, and discussions may be used as appropriate to ensure you make fast progress. You get:
- Techniques designed specifically for your physical, emotional, mental, and/or spiritual needs
- Readings and videos to help you understand and retain what is happening in the process
- An ideal schedule for those whose time is at a premium or those dealing with very specific issues or goals
- Access to the full extent of my knowledge in the fields of vyayam, yoga, tantra, ayurveda, and self-massage techniques
- On-call instructor during the course of your sessions to answer questions or make adjustments
The friends, colleagues, or family setting
This is a semi-private class for you and up to 4 or 5 of your friends, colleagues, or family members who want to practice together. Practicing in such a group, especially one that is together for a certain period of time with certain goals, creates a collective mindset that multiplies the effects of the practices. Students lean on and learn from each other as well as from the teacher.
You determine the days and times you can all get together and I match my schedule to yours. We can do class one or more times a week for a month or longer. We discuss consultation with your group we choose the goals of the classes: development of energy, physical strength, meditation, breathing capacity, weight loss, developing a home practice, meditation, just plain fun, or . . .? In short, the semi-private setting allows these benefits:
- Schedule class for a time (and perhaps place) that is most convenient for you
- Ideal for colleagues sharing similar schedules
- Classes are tailored specifically for your group
- A great way to spend quality time and bond with your friends or colleagues
- Smaller class size means more individualized teaching
[ More options here: | in studio | in the office | courses & workshops ]